Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Reflections

A very dear of friend of mine called and touched base with me out of the blue. The fact that he never kept in touch sent warning bells in the beginning. Surprised was an understatement. He gloated for awhile when we went our separate ways more than 5 years ago. Now, with 3 kids and a divorce on the way he suddenly thought of me and appreciated what a nice person I am.
Corny but TRUE! People come and go in my life (esp. the signifacant ones). Somehow I always bump into them when they're down on their luck. While they've gone and continued their life, mine's still as it is. To them, it looks as if its status quo. The corny part was when they assume that my arms would stretch wide open in welcome just because i'm such a 'nice' person.
I relish my past and I use the tools for my future. I've learned from mistakes which I vow not to do again (if I can help it). I would never turn a friend in need but would u blame a girl for being cautious? I trust everyone unless and if I have a reason not to. And this one particularly has many reasons for me NOT to. Nonetheless, my ears are open to receive him in kind, in the name of Friends.

No comments: