Saturday, October 04, 2008

Waiting in Vain

Kelip-kelip ku sangka api
Kalau api mana puntung nya
Hilang ghaib ku sangka Mati
Kalau mati mana kubur nya


Such a significant rhyme that caught my attention in the beginning of this beautiful and sad song called 'Seribu Tahun'. I've loved this song ever since I heard Leo sang it couple of months back but I've never heard the beginning of it.
Personally, I dont have the patience nor the will to do what the singer is crooning in the name of love. As much as I wish I could feel the type of love he's experiencing till he's faithfully willing to wait a thousand years and more for the one he treasures, I think if the same were to be bestowed upon me I wouldn't know how to embrace it.
I talk and analyze the matter to death and I've been wanting it for so many years that I've been skeptical and in some ways sabotaging the one and only thing that's the essence and core of my being.
So I take the strength and the persistence of this song to enable me to believe in love again.

No comments: