Tuesday, November 14, 2006

AM I WORTHY?

I woke up early this morning and Oprah was on. Topic of the day was "Are U Worthy".

If the answer is YES, then you should be living life to the max. Sadly I think that for most, (esp. those who were abused at a young age - in any form) our lack of confidence and self worth is so beat-up that the answer is NO. If so, she posed a question to her audience at the end of her show - "Who am I". She said that once you understand who you are and what's your purpose in life, only then you can start the process of self healing because the thought of not being worth enough didnt come overnight. Its a gradual process. I pondered abt that show....

At times, I'm a semi-chameleon. I'm opinionated. However most of the times I would change my behaviour to suit the situation in addition to always being accommodative if its not contradicting to my core beliefs.
I feel that when we were born, we are whole. Then life begins (family, friends, work, etc.) and it chips away at you. Maybe for some, life comes on a silver platter. But for me, I've long accepted that my life is hard and a struggle. I've made bad choices, very bad indeed and I keep trying to make sense of it. I dont blame anyone else or have regrets because I made those choices. That is why personally, I am quite selective now about who I surround myself with and hope as I grow, I get wiser. God willing, I will strive.

If you've read my blog before, the following heading that I've posted clarified my heart-core with regards to this topic :-
1. "Soulmate" - posted on 12th Sept 06
2. "Bittersweet Weekend" - posted on 16th Sept 06
3. "What is Happiness" - posted on 3rd Oct 06

No comments: