Wednesday, November 22, 2006

BIG, BOLD & BEAUTIFUL

Ever heard of the Egyptian Proverb that says "A Beautiful Thing is Never Perfect" ?

I weigh approximately 100kg. While far from being beautiful, I wouldn't stop traffic either :D
So is the above saying merely a consolation?

Even in my wildest imagination, I never wished to be seen as someone who's beautiful. Yeah, I've heard of the saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', 'beauty is skindeep', 'internal beauty', etc.
Oh! come onnnnnn...... who really digs that crap, eh? Call me vain but I believe before anyone could actually see anyone's beauty, the package has got to be right. I'm not just talking about physical looks (although for most its the first thing that attracts any human alive to actually seek to know the beauty inside of another person) but the core essence of someone.

Stereotypes have always seen that if you're beautiful, life is really at the palm of your hands. However for mere mortals with lesser 'value-adds' its general knowledge that everything's a struggle, Unless you're born in the right family with proper education and with the right connections.

Beautiful is subjective to everyone.
Like what Mae West said, "It is better to be looked over than overlooked........"

I believe somehow, GOD is fair in more ways than one.

No comments: