Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Truth

A bird told me that I'm a confused soul who lived in the past and not the future. That I'm a pessimist and that my faith doesnt come from within.

Hard cold facts that are hard to accept and harder to swallow. Moment of truth............


  • Honesty to me is speaking from a clear conscience. To be honest with myself (because that is what matters to me), is to speak that which is thought of and to do that which is spoken. Such integration provides clarity. To have one form internally and another form externally creates confusion and can have a detrimental effect. Honesty is as distinctive as a flawless diamond which can never remain hidden. The intention is visible in one's actions.

  • Obviously, I'm only human. Certain circumstances do interfere at some point but having a clear conscience with myself is my sign of honesty. It is the awareness of what is right and appropriate in one's role, behaviour and relationships at that particular time because the inner and outer selves resonates with each other.

  • As I journey through life and meet with rough patches, faith is what keeps me going. When there are threads of doubt, fear creeps in and my faith is shaken. If that is termed as not coming from within, I admit I'm guilty as charged. I know when the mind is focused and the faith within remains unshakeable is when I see the lamp of hope keeps burning and there is a feeling of the destination being close. Its that glimmer of hope that keeps me going regardless of obstacles.

  • Perhaps I'm really not an optimist. I cant help but look at my past which moves me forward. That's my essence. When I'm continually being battered by the storms of life and when my spirit keeps ebbing away, I keep saying it again and again (repetition does makes a difference) I hang on to the gift called 'Faith' - the one support which will weather the storms. Faith doesnt depend on a clever head, only belief, belief in God, self and the strength that is derived from that divine relationship.

My last thought on the matter is that if Faith is my foundation in life then I'm a weak soul who succumbs as a lesser mortal.

No comments: