Friday, March 09, 2007

MORE THAN FRIENDS

  • Life is a mystery. Some say its a game, to some its a battlefield and to others a journey. Whatever one may call it, there's always a way to enjoy it. One of life's blessings is friendship. There's a saying that real friendship is never having to say sorry. When I was younger everything seems straight forward and that saying made sense. Its no longer a matter of taking advantage or having to apologize. Maintaining one is more than meets the eye.
  • Now that most of my friends have extended families of their own, delicate consideration and forward thinking is required for these relationships. Everybody change at one point or another. In reality nothing stays the same. Conversations will tilt about husbands, children, education, etc. Outings are limited and lacking refined sensitivity could become an issue if I'm not careful.
  • Little do I know that even when all the above plays into motion, its disheartening to find out that I'm still perceived as selfish. I thought my role to belong in a 'circle of families' is to adapt, accommodate and accept thats the way it will be. If I cant, I let go because I dont share the same fundamentals. To me letting go of the things that are beyond my control means to accept, be positive and to move on. So, I'm moving on.

No comments: