Sunday, May 13, 2012

Truth or Dare?

The only reason i'm posting this is to remind myself how choices made a huge impact and my own guiding principles in life.......

Ray :  Hey, how are you today?
Me :  Errrr....i'm alright.  Yourself?
Ray :  I'm having back-pain, so I asked the doctor - will sex help?  (grinning and looks like he wants to talk further)
Me :  Mmmmm... i guess depends on the position?(very uncomfortable now)
Ray :  Hheheheeheeh, enough about me.  I wanted to talk to you about him.  So.....have you spoken to him lately?
Me :  Yeah.  What about him?
Ray :  You know, i'm worried abt him.  For years and years I've always wondered why he seems to always be looking, searching, restless, I dont know why he's so unhappy.  You know, we as friends - and mind you its been ages!  We dont judge, we would accept him as he is, you know?
Me :  No, i dont think i know what you're getting at.
Ray :  (Looking flustered with my steady gaze keeps bumbling around now for god knows what - i could only assume the right words)
Me : Say it Ray
Ray :  Uh....u know, errr...well.....u know....i mean u know.....
Me :  Say it
Ray :  ummmm....i mean well since...u know....emmm........
Me :  Say it!
Ray :  Is he u know?  I mean xxx? We are OK u know.
Me :  (Smiling and in a calm voice)  I have two questions for you Ray.  How would you like it if I asked point blank about you and PM?  And since you guys have been friends for years and mind you, YOU DONT JUDGE; why is it important for you to know anyway? 
Ray :  (Red-faced, jumping out of chair in a commanding voice)  Well, you know we have his best interests at heart.
Me :  Who are 'we' here? You're his friend as you so vehemently admits.  Why dont you reach out to him then?  Why are you asking me?
Ray :  (Storm out)
______________________________________________________________


For two hours i balled my eyes out twisting and turning and for almost two days had a huge migraine.  I dont know why it hurts to think that someone of that stature could bully me and get away with it.  I am the last person Ray should barrage with personal questions that doesnt fit.   I am sad and I hope with all my might I didnt have to go through it again.  I know I'll be seeing him often and it pains me. 

How could you not know these are the people you keep company with?  How could you stand them?  How on earth are they still important to you? 

All these years, my gut feel is right.  I wish you'd understand :(

No comments: