Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WHAT IS HAPPINESS?

Ever since the very first relationship I had to admit I jumped into it headfirst with both feet.
Fast-forward to my relationships now, and it's the same way. I place myself in relationships much in the same way I was first exposed to them. I like to concentrate on one individual at a time, putting my best effort into helping it flourish, giving my undivided attention to this one friend and expecting them to reciprocate back to me. I'd prefer one on one bonding time, as opposed to a large social gathering (despite the social butterfly that I am) simply because I am so INTENSE.
I am often brought into their world, share their experiences and truly begin to empathically feel for this person. I forget about who I am for the moment, and submerse myself in their universe.

Having said all that, I sometimes feel that when its my time for happiness, I would still seek my partner's 'endorsement' or 'agreement' (if you can call it that) before I decide on anything. I feel the need to explain of why I had to take time for myself. When something good finally comes my way, I had to think of the other person's feelings before mine. How it would impact him....how he would feel. And why it made me feel bad as if I'm guilty.

Does my sense of compromise shortchanges me?

No comments: