Friday, September 15, 2006

LOVE OF A GAME

The UEFA Championships kicked off recently. Few matches down and I only managed to catch up last night [Lyon vs Real Madrid]. Mama-mia.......what a show!! Lyon really kicked Real's X>@#$*............Game's over even before half time. With all the hoo-hah about Real esp. on Beckham, V. Nisterooy, Canavarro, etc. I was hoping for them to win and gave a good show. I was rooting for them in the beginning [that shows what kind of fan I am.........:)] but when I saw how Lyon's team took them on I didnt even realize I was shouting at the top of my lungs for the other team. I know....short loyalty but it took me with a daze. Sweaty, dark men with determined eyes and bulky legs, I forgot all about the Real men who pales in comparison and look exactly like what they are - a bunch of tired old men trying to keep up. Never have I ever enjoyed a game like that without even realizing that I was only being pretentious about watching it in the first place. Phew......at the end, Lyon scored 2-0. And the team with the high intensity of publicity went down like a sore loser. As for me....lost a bit of voice this morning and still contemplating on why men can stop touching themselves every minute........and that was a 90-minutes game. You do the math ;)

No comments: